Under the direction of Director of Lab Operations, the Scientist utilizes professional knowledge, skills and judgment to perform a variety of technical, clerical, physical and quality assurance functions. The Scientist provides laboratory assistance in development and implementation of new assays/protocols to support ongoing clinical trials for cell analysis using multi-color flow cytometry and functional cell-based assays. Under supervision, this individual will assist design, execute, analyze, and report complex multi-parameter flow cytometry experiments while ensuring quality control and quality assurance in a clinical laboratory environment. Previous experience in flow cytometry and ELISA is preferred.
General Accountabilities, demonstrating the ability to perform the following capabilities:
- Participates in method development, optimization, qualification and validation of cell-based/immunochemistry assays
- Conducts flow cytometry and cell-based experiments on clinical samples in accordance with established protocol
- Performs test setup, analyze data and document results
- Performs maintenance and calibration as scheduled, as needed and within set time frame.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, reagents, and equipment to carry out research activities
- Prepares and update lab SOP
- Demonstrates Good documentation practices (GDP)
- Maintains a neat/clean organized work area
- Ability to work in a biohazard environment and follow safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual.
- Assisting in various other duties which contribute to the organization and function of the clinical and R&D laboratories
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively alongside the team
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communication with all employees and clients, while having attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and meet established timelines
- Strong computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Recognizes and resolves problems, troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment
- Attentive to record keeping, documentation of work performed and required clerical tasks
- Demonstrates the flexibility to adjust schedule in response to test workflow or fluctuations in the workload
- Follows up on conflicting or irregular issues
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all tasks and responsibilities required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree with 6 years of related work experience, or
- Master of Science degree with 3 years related experience
- Minimum six (3) years of relevant experience required
- Background in Immunology preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft word and Excel
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills