Under the direction of Director of Lab Operations, the Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) utilizes professional knowledge, skills and judgment to perform a variety of technical, clerical, physical and quality assurance functions. The CLS provides laboratory specimen testing in compliance to quality requirement. Previous qPCR, molecular, ELISA and flow cytometry experience is highly preferred.
General Accountabilities, demonstrating the ability to perform the following capabilities:
- Performs high complexity test according to validated protocols and produces accurate laboratory results
- Performs and document quality control and results analysis
- Performs proficiency testing accurately and timely
- Performs and documents maintenance and calibration as scheduled or when needed
- Follows protocol for testing and reporting controls. Takes appropriate action in out-of-control discrepant or unexpected test results
- Utilizes Laboratory Information System, accessioning of test order and Specimen Processing
- Participates in new validation and implementation
- Performs DNA, RNA extraction, setup RT, qPCR test and results analysis
- Processes clinical sample and prepare test setup for flow cytometry
- Performs cell-based assay using various analytical methods
- Recognizes and resolves problems, troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment
- Ability to work in a biohazard environment, follows safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Maintains a neat/clean organized work area and keeps working supplies and reagent inventories
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communication with all employees and clients, while having attention to detail
- Strong computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Attentive to record keeping, documentation of work performed and required clerical tasks.
- Demonstrates the flexibility to adjust schedule in response to test workflow, orders or fluctuations in the workload.
- Follows up on conflicting or irregular test order problems.
- BS / BA degree in Science required.
- Three (3) or more years clinical laboratory experience required.
- Current California State License for Clinical Laboratory Scientist required.
- ASCP certification from the American Society for Clinical Pathology preferred.
- Excellent skill in Microsoft word, Excel and data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.